User avatar
Pulfer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:02 am
Country: Russia

Encoding issues?

Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:17 am

http://www.theaudiodb.com/api/v1/json/{API}/searchtrack.php?s=Megadeth&t=A%20tout%20le%20monde

Returns this: ... "strTrack":"\u00c0 tout le monde" ...

While expected: ... "strTrack":"À tout le monde" ...

User avatar
zag
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1228
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:19 am
Country: United Kingdom

Re: Encoding issues?

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:21 am

Pulfer wrote:http://www.theaudiodb.com/api/v1/json/{API}/searchtrack.php?s=Megadeth&t=A%20tout%20le%20monde

Returns this: ... "strTrack":"\u00c0 tout le monde" ...

While expected: ... "strTrack":"À tout le monde" ...


Don't quote me on this but I think thats the standard Json reply for unicode characters.

They certainly display correctly in my google chrome json viewer.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2759485/json-specifies-any-unicode-character

User avatar
Pulfer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:02 am
Country: Russia

Re: Encoding issues?

Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:00 am

zag wrote:Don't quote me on this but I think thats the standard Json reply for unicode characters.

They certainly display correctly in my google chrome json viewer.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2759485/json-specifies-any-unicode-character


Ah, ok. Actually, this one doesn't seem to be a problem as well. I found that using fixchars="1" in XBMC's scraper solves the issue with wrong characters display in XBMC.

I guess soon I'll try to merge my version of metadata.musicvideos.theaudiodb.com with XBMC's upstream. Just need some more testing to find and solve other possible issues.

User avatar
Pulfer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:02 am
Country: Russia

Re: Encoding issues?

Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:25 am

BTW, how to fix encoding issues in album and song names?

For example,

Song #6 is displayed like "“Amon” Belongs to “Them”":
http://www.theaudiodb.com/album/2122143

Song #9 is displayed like " “Them”":
http://www.theaudiodb.com/album/2122136

Album name is displayed like "Give Me Your Soul“¦ Please" (should be "Give Me Your Soul... Please"):
http://www.theaudiodb.com/album/2122134

User avatar
Pernod
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:21 pm
Country: United Kingdom
Location: UK
Contact: Website

Re: Encoding issues?

Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:41 am

Pulfer wrote:BTW, how to fix encoding issues in album and song names?

Use the Report Album button giving a brief description of the issue, then one of us mods will re-import it for you.

User avatar
Pulfer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:02 am
Country: Russia

Re: Encoding issues?

Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Pernod wrote:Use the Report Album button giving a brief description of the issue, then one of us mods will re-import it for you.


BTW, how long it usually takes to sort out album reports? Is there any chance for album reports to be lost? Sorry for asking that and maybe being annoying, just trying to understand how things work to do everything properly in future :)

For example, this album was requested to be removed ~10 hours ago:
http://www.theaudiodb.com/album/2149524

And now it's returned as #1 album for song "Joker In The Pack" with API request:

http://www.theaudiodb.com/api/v1/json/%{API_KEY}/searchtrack.php?s=The%20Adicts&t=Joker%20in%20the%20pack

Maybe it's better to adjust API so reported albums won't be returned in json data until reported issues get sorted out? Or at least won't be returned at first place in array.

User avatar
Pernod
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:21 pm
Country: United Kingdom
Location: UK
Contact: Website

Re: Encoding issues?

Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:34 pm

Pulfer wrote:BTW, how long it usually takes to sort out album reports? Is there any chance for album reports to be lost? Sorry for asking that and maybe being annoying, just trying to understand how things work to do everything properly in future :)

I believe most mods are located in Europe so your reports were submitted during the night, they are seen to whenever a mod is available to look at them. A list of all reported albums is available to all mods whenever they logon, they will not be lost.
I have removed all albums that you reported.

User avatar
Pulfer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:02 am
Country: Russia

Re: Encoding issues?

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:00 am

One more encoding-related question. Is it possible to rename last track on this album to "I (Heart) Not"?

http://www.theaudiodb.com/album/2151901

Current name "I ♥ Not" is quite bad from encoding/typing/filesystem/etc point of view. For example, XBMC 12.1 with default theme displays it as "I not".

"I (Heart) Not" is the name used in the official video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiNBNyItHyk
See attached screenshot.
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (154.3 KiB) Viewed 3477 times

User avatar
zag
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1228
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:19 am
Country: United Kingdom

Re: Encoding issues?

Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Sure thing. I've fixed it.

I think its really stupid musicbrainz uses special characters sometimes but we are only importing what they originally have.

Hopefully we can do better in the future.

User avatar
Pulfer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:02 am
Country: Russia

Re: Encoding issues?

Wed May 08, 2013 11:30 am

zag wrote:I think its really stupid musicbrainz uses special characters sometimes but we are only importing what they originally have.

Hopefully we can do better in the future.


Another one: http://www.theaudiodb.com/album/2122401

Can you please rename this album to "Tyranny For You"? MusicBrainz lists this album as "Tyranny ▶For You◀" but we better avoid special characters.

6th song should be also renamed to just "Tragedy For You".

Return to “Developers”