Most Loved TracksMusic Video Links
No Music Videos Found...Upcoming Live Shows
Unknown venue, UK, Cambridge (18/Jun/2020) Artist Biography
There are at least five bands using this name:
1. Cairo is the progressive rock band now lead by the trio - keyboard virtuoso Mark Robertson, singer Bret Douglas and drummer Jeff Brockman. Their major influences include obviously ELP and Yes, Dream Theater, Kansas or Boston (in the vocal stylings). High-pitched, emotional multilayered vocals, strong rhythm section, heavy guitars and vintage keyboards (such as hammond organ, piano, plenty of synthesizers) as well as thrilling, epic compositions and thoughful lyrics are trademarks of this group.
Featured on the yes tribute, "Tales From Yesterday", this progressive outfit also have three lp's, one self titled, "Conflict and Dreams" and "Time of Legends".
2. CAIRO is an indie band based out of Toronto. Nate Daniels (Vocals/Guitar), Matt Sullivan (Drums/Percussion), Caitlin Grieve (Strings/Vocals), Dante Berardi Jr (Guitar/Vocals/Synth) and Joel Dalton (Bass/Key/Synth) have an obvious affinity for haunting quiet and walls of sound. Their music – sometimes orchestral and sometimes minimal – can be characterized as strangely familiar while remaining unmistakably new.
3. Cairo is an alternative/math rock band from Vancouver, BC made up of JP Lancaster (guitar, vocals), Mark Crawford (guitar, vocals), Dan Crawford (bass, keyboard), and Tristan Thompson (drums). They're self titled debut album was released in January 2010.
4. Cairo is a one-person lo-fi project based in Berlin. The music is made with omnichord, keyboards, chord organs and synths with electronic elements.
5. Cairo, also known as The Outline, were a ska group from the UK. They released 2 singles, I Like Bluebeat (1979) and Movie Stars (1980).
Read more on Last.fm
. Wide ThumbClearartFanartBanner User Comments